Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

webmaster
Forum Admin

USA
55 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  10:56:51  Show Profile
Once again, the Pacific Northwest was getting slammed by extreme weather - this time it was a severe wind storm that led to extensive power outages in the area.

The servers were all on battery backup, but their location was without power for around 80+ hours so they eventually shut down. Once power was restored it took another 40+ hours or so before the routers that feed the network had their power restored. After that, there were some other problems that I had no control over that prevented the site from coming back on line, so all I could do was sit and wait.

All told, this resulted in around 130 hours of down time.

The WebMaster
www.christianguitar.com

No trees were killed in the posting of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Christian Guitar Forums © www.ChristianGuitar.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

Tourniquet - Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance Pep Squad - No Doy! My Friend Stephanie - My Friend Stephanie Huntingtons, The - Plastic Surgery Zao - Liberate Te Ex Inferis Veggie Tales - Veggie Tunes 3 (Blisterpack) Shaded Red - Shaded Red Veggie Tales - Very Veggie Christmas (Blister) Side Walk Slam - Past Remixes//Give Back ZOEgirl - Life