Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

webmaster
Forum Admin

USA
55 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2005 :  08:23:26  Show Profile
This is really quite amusing, but if you go back over my "Site News" postings for the last few years, you'll notice an interesting trend - I go out of town and the network decides to misbehave. Each time this happens, I have had no one that can fix it correctly.

This week was no exception - I was only gone from Sunday through Wednesday, but the network's battery backup decided to fail and take down all my servers the moment I left town. When I arrived at my destination I realized that I couldn't browse to the site, and that started several days' worth of phone calls to try and diagnose what was going on, while still trying to take care of my other business. This resulted in the servers being intermittently up and down over the last several days, and basically the web site was down the entire time.

The short end of this story is that nothing could really be fixed until I came home, discovered the real cause of the problem, and switched my servers to a new backup power supply.

My apologies to everyone that was affected.

The WebMaster
www.christianguitar.com

No trees were killed in the posting of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Christian Guitar Forums © www.ChristianGuitar.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

Huntingtons, The - Rock N Roll Habits Juliana Theory, The - Understand This Is a Dream Newsboys - Not Ashamed Embodyment - Hold Your Breath Hangnail - Clouds in the Head Bleach - Bleach Rising Union - Love Songs Hillsong Music Australia - Shout to the Lord 2000 Glad - Who Do You Love Guardian - Buzz